LIFESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY IS A RELAXED, NATURAL STYLE OF PHOTOGRAPHY, THAT FOCUSES ON CAPTURING REAL MOMENTS AND NATURAL SMILES
Whether you are wanting photos in my studio of your brand new baby, family photos at home, or on location photography for your social media channels, lifestyle (documentary or story telling photography as it is sometimes known), is the perfect way to capture this exact moment in your life.
My home studio is a white, light, airy space at the front of my home. Clients enter via my front door, and are immediately welcomed into the studio. Gentle music fills the air, and the light scents of lavender and vanilla create a relaxing atmosphere for babies and adults alike.
The space is decorated minimally, enabling me to change the set up depending on the session that is taking place.
Visiting for a newborn session? You will find the bed made, the beanbag layered and some props displayed on mats on the floor...
If you're coming in for a mini session, the space will be styled according to the theme of the day.
Looking for some unique headshots? You'll find a stool and a plain wall to pose in front of, along with a bed or couch to relax on for those more informal shots.
Dropping off some props to be styled and photographed? There's a good chance there will be baskets and boxes of props in the corners, and backdrop boards on the bed.
My little space is like a chameleon, it changes and adapts to every session that takes place, and that's why I love it so much. It's a small space, cosy, intimate. But it's warm and friendly and I love it. I really hope you will too.
Hello! I'm Jo, the photographer here at joanne wynne. thanks for stopping by, it's so nice to have you here!
I live in Chester Hill, NSW with my two beautiful children, and my husband, who I often refer to as my man child. We also have a loveable, goofy Labrador (who is currently going through the terrible twos!), and a grumpy anti-social cat (whose favourite pastime is sleeping in the dog's giant bed).
My family are my favourite people in the whole world, and Sunday dinners sitting around my parents dining table, talking, laughing and eating, is probably my favourite time of the week.
Ten things you might not know about me:
1. I pretty much always wear jeans and a black t-shirt. Occasionally I switch it up with grey or navy, but 29 days out of 30, I'm in a black tee and jeans.
2. My kids don't like posing for photos. I think I ruined it for them. That's where my love of lifestyle photography came from I guess, trying to blend into the background with my camera, capturing the funny and sweet, everyday things that they do... Most of our photos are action shots these days, and to get a family photo, requires the promise of ice-cream or chocolate, so if your kids aren't super excited about a family photoshoot, I get it!
3. I love travelling, seeing the world is my favourite thing to do! Luckily, my kids are great little travellers, and are always up for the next adventure. So far I have explored China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Scotland, England, Fiji, and with my hubby being a kiwi, New Zealand is pretty much our second home these days. We've almost done the whole North Island with the kids now, and have a list of places in the south to explore! I've started blogging about our adventures as a family, so if you'd like some ideas for your next family destination, head over and check out some of ours!
4. I'm addicted to Kmart and Ikea. I love storage, and pretty things, I can't help it!
5. We've been in our house for almost 10 years, but I've only just started hanging photos on our walls! We've constantly been renovating, and it's never felt like the time to decorate. Now though, we have so many years of memories, I don't know where to start!
6. I HATE having my photo taken. I much prefer to be behind the camera, but I'm learning to step outside my comfort zone and get in photos, so one day, my kids will remember what I looked like when they were little.
7. We love camping, and are planning to slowly take our kids to every corner of this beautiful country that we call home. We have a huge list of places we are working through, mostly pet friendly, and preferably with a beach or pool close by for our water babies.
8. I love coffee, but only before 3pm, or I won't sleep for days!
9. I am a trained childcare worker, and previously worked in long day care, preschools and special schools for 12 years.
10. My little home studio is my favourite room in the house. It's all white and clean and organised, and completely my space! One day I dream of owning a bigger studio, somewhere I can have multiple rooms set up, and an indoor garden, but I love working from home, and the freedom it gives me. Who knows, maybe I will cave and let my husband convince me to move somewhere bigger!
GET IN CONTACT
READY TO GET IN CONTACT And PLAN YOUR PERFECT SESSION?
Simply fill out the form below, and I will get back to you within 48 hours (please note, after hours enquiries will be returned the next business day).